Saturday, September 13, 2003

British Airways - home page
I was trying to book a ticket on line from Copenhagen for my daughter to visit me in week 42,
CPH to BHX as we say in airport abreviations, failed because me and my credit card are in England and you cannot book on line across international boundaries . . security of course so I telephoned and booked it "manually".

She will be 15 in November - so it is time for a new Walkman Sony.com only will do.
She is very design conscious, as her reaction to Charles de Gaulle airport airport showed, after a month in England, "thank goodness for some decent modern architecture" the perspex tubes containing passenger escalators are eye candy of course even if aging and dusty. Googled in vain for a picture.

We will be in for some state of the art shopping therapy 120 new shops to explore, I think I better book a shop mobility wheel chair, Welcome to BDRC
no good pictures yet Google Search: bullring site:uk

Here Photographs of Selfridges Birmingham Bullring

Famous Brummies and others that worked or lived in Birmingham.:
Now I was born in Sutton Coldfield which makes mé a Warwickshire Lad along with William Shakespeare, but Sutton Coldfield is now absorbed into BRUM so am I a Brummy ?

My mother talked "like a lady" so I was cut off from the dialect as a child.Brummie and Black Country dialect, slang words and phrases: "'ARBUN 'EDGE Refers to a bad cup of tea .as in ''tests loik 'Arbun Edge''. ' I.e Tastes like leaves from a Harborne hedge"

Why Brummies: "we are called Brummies after Brummagem."

"As stressed by Margaret Gelling, an authority on English place names, in Middle English many place names had two or more forms as the concept of a single correct name is peculiar to modern literate societies."

AND that there is a single correct spelling of PERSONAL NAMES TOO

Birmingham and West Midlands photographs by virtual-brum.: "Virtual Brum is an unofficial Birmingham UK website about the city which is also known as Brummagem or Brum."

which is why i answer ASL in chat rooms
68 M BRUM - and because I like to tease the Americans ;-)

in Uk chat OAP M B37 the first part of the post code says it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home