Sunday, September 07, 2003

Google Directory - Society > Issues > Terrorism > Incidents > September 11, 2001 > Exhibitions

Soemtimes being a fly on the wall is too much

but if you ever wonder how adults chat on the web, here is an example, bit like neighbours over the garden fence with overlapping topics - - -


hughw36 good morning
my transatlantic friend: good morning
hughw36 bloggin' at dawn

hughw36 the sun is still below the horizon but already painting the sky orange
hughw36 I got up cleaned my teeth and started wrting

my transatlantic friend: I was just beginning to doze so was thinking about maybe going to bed.... woke up this morning with a terrible cold
my transatlantic friend: had sore throat all day, been sneezing my head off.... nose running away.... is sore now from blowing it...
hughw36 nine eleven is very much in my thoughts, I am good at holding an act of remembrance since my father died in 1942 that has been part of my life every armistice day.

my transatlantic friend: oh my yes.... it is here too....
my transatlantic friend: that was such a sad day..

hughw36 Are you upĀ“to date with every kind of flu injection ?

my transatlantic friend: am upto date.... will be getting another one next month
hughw36 the world health organisation is worried about SARs coming from coughing animals to people again
my transatlantic friend: SARs scares the heck out of me
hughw36 In a society which is vacinated it will be easier to spot when heroic treatment of a patient is necessary.

hughw36 On nine eleven I was here in this flat with the TV on for company

my transatlantic friend: my hubby started with the same thing yesterday, so I know I didn't catch it from him, we must have been exposed to the cold germs someplace we had been
hughw36 the old one I chose for my late mother
hughw36 Yes dear but it is a virus that causes the sniffles

my transatlantic friend: I was in the Genealogy chatroom and they started talking about it.... I turned the TV on and hubby saw the second plane hit

hughw36 which is why there is no cure for the common cold except healthy eating and living.

hughw36 I was on usenet news:misc.writng which runs at 200 to 300 messages a day

my transatlantic friend: well., we both have it.... whatever it is... sitting here right now just a sneezing

hughw36 I only started on chat since joining AOL
hughw36 before that it was brief exchanges with kids on a BBS

my transatlantic friend: oh.... I clicked on your link and it says I am not allowed in that area
hughw36 I was in the unmoderated chat last night

hughw36 yes if you have a child filter on
hughw36 usenet often has rude words
my transatlantic friend: I have no filters on any of my screen names...

hughw36 the moderation is peer to peer
my transatlantic friend: I see


hughw36 the link works for me
hughw36 so if you are off topic you get criticised or even flamed

my transatlantic friend: you probably had to register or something
hughw36 absolutely not
my transatlantic friend: oh hmmmmm
hughw36 it must be a local thing in your settings or AOL USA
my transatlantic friend: could be I guess.......
hughw36 AOL has a horrible interface when I scan 3 or 400 messages a day I have to navigate by key strioke
hughw36 A 1000 mouse clicks is too much
my transatlantic friend: I'll say.....

hughw36 I often get a cold after going to a public place like a bus or a humid museum
hughw36 or could it even be a dust allergy
hughw36 since I had the flu jabs they usually go awy in three days or even one
my transatlantic friend: I thought about that too..
my transatlantic friend: I usually only get one, maybe two colds a year.... one about now and one in the spring

hughw36 some of my stuffGoogle Search: "hugh watkins"


hughw36 and misc writing Google Search: misc.writing



hughw36 Google groups runs about 5 hours behind the flow
my transatlantic friend: I see.... I don't belong to any groups at all
hughw36 One does not really belong but visit
my transatlantic friend: ok... well, I don't visit them either ;)
hughw36 after being there 2 or 3 years one might be a regular
my transatlantic friend: I can see where that could happen
hughw36 and to qualify as a DENIZEN even longer
my transatlantic friend: oh!!!!
hughw36 which means you help set the tone of the group
my transatlantic friend: I see
hughw36 It all goes back to the academic start of the net long before world wide web

my transatlantic friend: my dear Hugh...... I really need to get to bed.. I'm sitting here sneezing my head off and my throat is sore..... need to find something for that...
hughw36 some of the genealogy groups are gated to mailing lists which causes confusion as one half is moderated

hughw36 so good night and sleep well
my transatlantic friend: I'll talk to you later

hughw36 on nine elevn we better meet in mugs and hugs
hughw36 on of the MW denizens is STAN
my transatlantic friend: yes.... good idea

hughw36 a NY cop
my transatlantic friend: oh.... :(
hughw36 he was off line for days and we were worried as hell
my transatlantic friend: I'll bet
hughw36 it turned out he was in the clean up from the first desperate hours
hughw36 so he described it at first hand
my transatlantic friend: that just had to be awful
my transatlantic friend: wow
my transatlantic friend: I was glued to the TV for days..
hughw36 other MWers witnessd it from a mile away from roof tops
my transatlantic friend: oh gosh.....
hughw36 and a genealogical friend was at work
my transatlantic friend: oh my.......

my transatlantic friend: you have a great morning... and I'll be talking to you later....

hughw36 I am for rembrancing but against revenge, and especially capital punishment.
hughw36 and we must remember what USA and UK did to Germany was far worse.
hughw36 byeee sleep well

my transatlantic friend: byeeeee ((((())))
hughw36 (((((()))))))

AS IT WAS only spelling corrected and one name changed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home