Saturday, September 27, 2003

In a message dated 27/09/2003 10:23:16 GMT Standard Time, xxx-whitby@zzzz.co.uk writes:

Can you please help me?
I got my father's birth certificate, from where I found his parents first names, which enabled me to trace their marriage certificate, this gave me their ages.
Now comes the bit where I need some advice. I went on Family Research Link. Original indexes of Births, Marriages and Deaths for England and Wales from 1837 to 2001.
where I found three entries that could be my grandfather Thomas WHITBY and I also found quite a few that could be my grandmother Edith JONES. Is there a way of finding who of these entries are my real grandparents? I've attached the full details front Marriage Certificate in case it is of any help. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.


now that is a really well formulated question.

Jones is a BIG name and it is all to easy to get a wrong certificate

the answer is to find the family together in a census and how old the parents are and where they are born

1901 you have to pay to see the images
but you can look at an address 1901 Census of England and Wales Online

snipped searches of 1901, 1891 and 1881 census

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home