Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Goodbye Society of Genealogists
- I cannot afford to be a member anymore :-({{{

Hullo 2004


Well if cash becomes available.
I will certainly rejoin SoG

Even if I am too old to stand the journey, without spending a fortune on taxis, or that there is much to criticise, I still feel that SoG is well worthy of support.

Meanwhile I will be working with original documents at archives in Bristol, Copenhagen and Gwent - all also about two hours from Birmingham but closer to the train stations involved.

I blog, scribble on the web, here at blogspot .com
and the five others inthe sodebar as a form of self publishing


I am indexing and transcribing Danish sources here Danish Census welcome

at least two to five years work in sight. I am three quarters done with a 900 page census book for the market town of Randers 1860
Randers Census Folketælling index of indexes


I have been alocates a whole quarter of Copenhagen next
udenbys klædebo kvarter Kjøbenhavn,
a bit here BRUMLEBY - Københavns Lægeforeningens Boliger
Google Search: udenbys klædebo kvarter Kjøbenhavn,

Google Search: udenbys klædebo kvarter København,

Kulturarvsstyrelsen = committee for the presrtvation of ancient monuments

Dansk Data Arkivrun the servers
http://ddd.dda.dk/
work in progress
KildeindtastningerSource transcription projectmy bit in progress is yellow at the bottom

my first bit
the parish og Bedsted is green - done by me ;-))
Bedsted sogn Hassing herred Thisted amt small

only 14 pages but a good training exercise
you can see how similar Danish is to Scottish english too.

house hoos huus - today hus
child bairn barn - children børn
church kirk kirke
yard gaard - today gård =farm


dnkcen Site Map

Yesterday I have made some more technical progress and found out how to do FTP by drag and drop to Rootsweb in "My network Places" on the desktop of Win2000 or XP

MAPS
found about 400 links to Danish Maps to add - DjVu documents on the Royal Library's apache image server

Meanwhile I am quietly accumulating data for my one name studies LAPHAM and BARTLEY

So I sit at this computer listening to Radio 3 and Radio Jazz


Hugh Watkins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home