Sunday, January 04, 2004

I have my machine, Sony laptop, by a triple window on the seventh floor of these flats, the view is due east

Out of the corner of my eye to my left I saw the moon quite high about 1730 ust
so into the other bedrooom, which is unheated opened the window , and took the old curtain off Das Lidl-Scope

With the 20mm eyepiece the image was so bright I had trouble seeing the darker plains
but the mountain shadows werefine

Changing to the 4mm I found it hards to focus, the sligtest touch set the scope oscilating like a table edge knife.

this is B37 east Brum or north Solihull and we were under slight cloud at the leading edge of the approaching warm front

Seeing under the cloudeds from the north facing kitchen window is very good to the tv masts near Sutton Coldfield or Lichfield
but there is a cloud cap on it all

Jupiter at the back foot of LEO is still below the horizon but I am not optimistic

Das Lidl-Scope
is a good google string

Google Search: DAS LIDL-SCOPE
which is why I use those words - I cannot speak german but the pictures tell much of the story

tuning is another good word to add
Google Search: DAS LIDL-SCOPE tuning


Lidl Teleskop - Test - Tips - Tuning

mine also has this wheel

any ideas on a cheap motor ?

========================================

Anybody care to tell us about their first moon sighting through a telescope ?

Hugh Watkins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home