Saturday, June 19, 2004

Boards Message Boards - Message [ Ethics in Genealogy ]: "(Off topic...)
Hugh... I'm so happy to know what you look like now!
Your look suits you! ;-)
(I consider Hugh one of the wise old souls on Rootsweb... his image now supports that view...)

(More on topic...)
Do you think that the UK's rules about not putting scanned images of public records online is tied to Europe's generally much stronger commitment to privacy than the U.S.'s?

-- Jillaine @ Washington DC
p.s. i'm in the middle of MASSIVELY re-doing my genealogy web site, but am no where near ready for prime-time viewing... thanks for the comments, Hugh. Good feedback."

from one of my correspondents

go to the board to see the thread.


Boards Message Boards - Message [ Ethics in Genealogy ]: "Have been at this for 1 year and I am building my website. I have lots of birth certificates, census images etc.

Can I incorporate these in my website or will I be infringing copyright? or is it just bad form?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Adam


View replies listed by: Thread (collapsed)

Re: Website Advice : Hugh Watkins -- 18 Jun 2004
Re: Website Advice : Jillaine Smith -- 18 Jun 2004
Re: Website Advice : Hugh Watkins -- 19 Jun 2004
Re: Website Advice : AdamD -- 19 Jun 2004
Re: Website Advice : AdamD -- 19 Jun 2004
Re: Website Advice : Hugh Watkins -- 19 Jun 2004
Re: Website Advice : Jillaine Smith -- 19 Jun 2004"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home