Wednesday, September 27, 2006

genealogical expeditions

On monday I went to Temple Balsall to search for my great aunt's grave in vain, and my thanks to Parish Clerk Jenny for allowing me to search the burial register.

On tuesday at Solihull Central Library I searched the film of the Electoral Rolls and found that my father's aunty Kate Ethel Jones was resident in Lady Katherine Leveson's Hospital until before October 1956.


I also found my neighbours to 230 Widney Lane when I was 12 years old, and another researcher told me that Mrs Knox at the kennels at 236 bred corgies. Finally I found myself in 1958 as a serviceman with an S before my name

On Saturday I am going to the Bristol_and_Somerset Rootsweb list's annual bunfiaght (lunch) at the Warwick Arms Clutton. Buses replace trains between Birmingaham and Gloucester so I may go via Oxford and Didcote and enjoy the remains of the GWR broad gauge railway days

My photo blog by videophone is broken so this will be the place until I get my TalkTalk broadband connection working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home